Monday, April 6, 2020



Week of April 6th, 2020


I hope everyone had a restful Spring Break.  It was nice to get a few days of sunshine. Below is a link to the STEM read-aloud for this week. I was excited to find this one on YouTube!

Ada Twist, Scientist


I have been saving any paper towel or toilet paper rolls in my household just in case we needed them for a craft and I found this really cool activity where they can be used. You can tape them to the wall and make a marble run. If you don't have marbles, any small ball or even those little craft pom-poms will work. Kids plan out the design of where they want the marble to go and where they tape the tubes on the wall in order to make it go in a certain direction.


Make a Marble Run from Cardboard



Update: Here's a marble run I made at home. I had a few marbles, but I also wadded up some small scraps of paper and taped them so that they wouldn't come undone, and we used those to put down the "run". If you have some of those craft pom-poms, those would be really fun to use.  I also put two containers, one labeled "A" and one labeled "B", at the bottom of each tube and my 3-year-old and 6-year-old had fun figuring out which way the objects would go and which container they would fall in. Painter's tape, masking tape, or Scotch tape would work for this. Be careful with duct tape as it may take paint off the wall! 






No comments:

Post a Comment